Ecological print LED-UV
CeGe invests in this innovative, greener printing technology in collaboration with Heidelberg and AMS.
Printing with LED-UV inks produces the smallest carbon footprint of the printing industry and both the printed material and the environment and people are free of mercury and ozone, two of the heaviest pollutants in our industry.
LED-UV technology has a much lower consumption than the other UV, H-UV and LE-UV technologies.
This technology offers superior quality and some very interesting new features, because LED-UV inks:
• provide a higher pigment load and more trapping than fat-based inks, and achieve greater colour saturation.
• generate a lower dot gain, so that an image quality with better definition is achieved, thanks to a better and cleaner dot cut.
• avoid ghosting and setting off during printing and offer more resistance to rubbing and folding. In addition, drying does not require heat, and so does not alter the substrate.
• considerably reduce handling time, since the sheet comes out dry, substantially improving delivery times.
• do not emit unwanted odours and enable the practical elimination of anti-set-off powders, improving the feel of the printed material.
• allow printing on non-absorbent substrates (plastic and metallic).